Pozztown Police Blotter January 22

Keep Portland’s Weirdos

Paranoid schizophrenic sets up sniper nest in his apartment, starts shooting at the walls (January 10)

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) – A man was arrested after firing off a rifle multiple times through the walls of neighboring apartment units in Southeast Portland and causing extensive damage to the building Sunday.

Portland Police Bureau officers responded to shots fired in the 1200 block of Southeast Morrison Street just after 5:39 a.m. When they arrived, they hear gunfire and a fire alarm coming from a second-floor unit in the building. Officers spoke to the suspect using a loudspeaker and ordered him to come out unarmed.

The suspect, David Yaron, 31, was taken into custody without incident.

Once inside the apartment, officers found bullet holes in the walls and the ceiling. Police said neighboring units were hit, but no one was injured.

Officers found the gun fired staged in an elevated position to where officers outside were and a drum magazine that holds more than 50 rounds attached and loaded. Police said there were multiple rifles, handguns and body armor inside.

“It’s not clear what this suspect had planned, but the possibilities are chilling,” said Chief Chuck Lovell. “The officers who responded to this call worked seamlessly in a chaotic environment to resolve what could have been a tragic event. I thank them for their bravery, and I’m relieved that no one was hurt.”

Yaron was booked into the Multnomah County Jail on 14 counts of reckless endangering and 15 counts of discharge of a firearm in the city.

So, this being Portland, he’s released on bail. He was caught yesterday after failing to appear for his court date (January 21). New details emerged.

Court documents state Yaron was in an “excited manic state” and “sweating profusely,” as he told officers he believed neighbors were spying on him and that cameras and recording devices had been put in his walls. Yaron also stated he thought people were trying to kill him and that there were three “shadows” in his apartment that he shot at, intending to kill them, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Yaron was indicted by a grand jury on one count each of unlawful use of a weapon, recklessly endangering another person and discharging a firearm in the city. He was initially arrested on 14 counts of reckless endangering and 15 counts of discharging a firearm in the city.

He posted bail Tuesday, with conditions including reporting to Pretrial Release Services, not possessing weapons and not entering the scene of the shooting.

Yaron was scheduled to appear in court for his arraignment Wednesday, but he did not show up.

A bench warrant was then issued for his re-arrest.

By Thursday morning, investigators said they located Yaron, but no further details were released about his location. He appeared in court Thursday for an arraignment on his indictment. 

He pleaded not guilty. He was not listed on the Multnomah County Jail website Thursday afternoon. 

It’s not really clear he’s actually back in custody, in other words. I’m sure he is, but this again is Portland.

Brent Weisberg, Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office communications director, issued a statement about this case after Yaron failed to show up in court Wednesday, saying, “Charging decisions are carefully made by considering whether a case can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt using all available evidence submitted to the district attorney’s office and the current state of the law. In Oregon most people have a constitutional right to post bail, and the court can and does order conditions of release narrowly tailored to protect public safety based on individual case facts, as they did with this case.”

If I was conspiracy-minded I might think they were leaving crazies like this guy out there so they can go after things like bail–and guns.

Another possibility is that our progressive prosecutors are being consistent in “reimagining” justice to keep blacks out of jail–better to let one white crazy go free than to lock up a hundred black thugs.

Grand Theft Karen

BEAVERTON, OR (KPTV) – A woman has her son back, after a thief stole her car with the child inside.

Police responded to a business on the 11900 block of Southwest Canyon Road at around 9 a.m. Saturday.

A woman said she went into Basics Meat Market to quickly grab a couple of items, and left her 4-year-old son in the car with the engine running.

While she was inside the store, a man got into the car and drove off.

The woman told FOX 12 the man then drove back to the market and yelled at her, threatening to call the police because she left her son in the car. The man ordered her to get her son out of the car, and then he drove off again.

“As moms we get really busy and we think we’re just running in for a second and this is just a perfect example of just letting our guards down and how terribly it could have ended, so I’m just thankful that he’s OK and it was so stupid and I’ll never do that again, but it’s that split second decision that could just change everything,” the woman told FOX 12 on Saturday.

She said the boy was not harmed during the ordeal.

Police are looking for the suspect and the vehicle. The suspect is described as a white man in his 20s or 30s with dark brown braided hair. The car is a 2013 silver Honda Pilot with Oregon plates 357GLV. Anyone with information is asked to call Beaverton police.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: